Rose Add-in for Excel FAQs
Q: Where was my Rose add-in installed on my computer?
A: By default the add-in files will be located in this directory:
Q: I just ran the Rose desktop app installer and now when I try to push and pull I get this error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File ""<string>"", line 1, in <module> File ""c:\users\myname\appdata\roaming\microsoft\addins\addin2.py"", line 3, in <module> import xlwings as xw ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xlwings'
A: The required packages for the add-in were not installed correctly. Follow these steps to resolve this issue:
- Close all open excel windows
- Open up a windows terminal window from the start menu by searching Command Prompt
- With the command prompt window open enter the following commands:
pip install pywin32 anytree
pip install xlwings==0.10.4 yfinance fredapi
python -m pip install --index-url=https://bcms.bloomberg.com/pip/simple blpapi
pip install rose_wrapper --extra-index-url https://1In9Zq-2vdZIr79rhx99dBfUjwStGiiS3Y@pypi.fury.io/rosetechnology --upgrade --no-cache-dir
- Open excel and try to pull
usa.lrand a code owned by you or your company.
Q: How do I change my rose account on my excel add-in?
A: Follow these steps in order to change your rose.ai login associate with your Rose add-in for Excel
- Open a file explorer window and navigate to directory: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns
- Right click on the file rose.config and select open with and open with notepad
- Replace the email and password in this file with the new email and password you would like to use
Q: My add-in wasn’t activated or I keep getting NAME? Error in excel
A: The add-in wasn’t activated.
To fix this do the following:
- Open the Trusted Locations menu. File> Options> Trust Center> Trust Center Settings> Trusted Locations
- Press the Add new location… button.
- Click the Browse… button.
- Navigate to the folder that contains your add-in files and press OK.
- Press OK, then press OK again on the Trust Center Window.
- Close and re-open Excel
Q: Error message: “Sorry, we couldn’t find add-in [add-in name]. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?”
A: This could happen after you delete an Excel Add-in file without uncheck it from the Excel Add-in dialog box.
That's because the Add-in isn't properly unloaded before the Add-in is deleted, so Excel tried to load it every time a new workbook is opened but can't find it.
How to Fix:
- Open a new blank Excel file
- Save the file with the following conditions:
- Use Excel file extension “.xlam”
- Save the file with the same add-in name in the error message
- Save it under the same folder as the folder stated in the error message
- Once you have saved this new faux add-in file, close down Excel
- Open Excel, go into your Excel Add-ins dialog box and check the add-in and hit Ok
- Go back into you Excel Add-ins dialog box and uncheck the add-in and hit OK
- Close out of Excel
- Delete the faux Excel add-in file