Buying a Package on the Rose Data Marketplace
- Anyone can buy a package on the data marketplace, depending on your registered licenses and the content of a package.
- Before buying a package, users must add their credit card information to their profile.
Finding a package
Search for key terms or browse the marketplace to find your desired package. In this guide, we will be looking to buy a package of crypto data.
Previewing a package
Before you purchase a package, you can preview the contents to ensure it meets your needs.
The basic preview displays a single view of the data, either a map or a timeseries.
From the basic preview, you can open a detailed preview notebook, where you can view and inspect the preview rosecode in more depth.
Purchasing a package
- To purchase a package, click Buy on the package tile.
- Optional: Enter a promo code.
- Click Buy again.
- "You will have access to all codes in package: package.name"
- Click Close
Accessing your package
Now that you have purchased a package, you will have access to all the rosecodes contained in that package. They will show up in in search results and run in a code module :material-code-tags: in any Rose notebook.
How to add your credit card
- Access the user profile :fontawesome-solid-user: settings from the navigation bar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the profile settings
- Enter your credit card information
- Click Update Credit Card
Licensed vs Unlicensed data
- Some datasets rely on a subscription to licensed data (ex. Bloomberg, Haver, Factset, etc) to be eligible to purchase.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your organization's licenses.
- Unlicensed data (ex. FRED, World Bank, etc) can be purchased by anyone.